Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 6: Ledge Shelve Details

Take a break from more decisions and keep browsing pinterest and other sites as you decide on decorative details. For example, I loved the idea of adding details with ledge shelves since they are portable and thus perfect for my as yet to be located nursery.

My inspiration pictures:


I had planned to go with dark brown wood ledges until I happened to be browsing the sale section of pottery barn kids and fell in love with these shelves:




At first I decided I would go with white, but the blue ones were $8 less ($22 vs $30), so I decided to go with the blue. Blue you ask? I thought you were going with aqua and yellow.  I am, but since my crib sheets are baby blue with aqua, I decided to take my chances and go with the more affordable shade of blue. If it doesn't match, I'll simply paint them white.

My mom had suggested I go somewhere like hobby lobby and find inexpensive shelves, but the combination of the scroll detail and the clearance price made these impossible to resist. Before buying them I quickly googled the plain shelves you can buy at Lowe's or Target and these were very comparable if not cheaper to the boring ones so readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment