Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4: Easy DIY nursery door muffler

Take a break from big questions like finding the perfect crib to make or buy something cute and practical: a door muffler that cuts down on noise from a shutting door.

If you don't sew, go someplace like etsy and buy one like this:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/93606628/latchy-catchy-red-lotus-flower-patents?ref=v1_other_1

If you do sew, head over to your favorite fabric store and raid the fat quarter section.

I was inspired by the following image complete with instructions: http://keepingmycents.blogspot.com/2012/01/diy-door-muffto-keep-babies-sleeping.html



My pregnancy brain/barely know how to sew self couldn't follow the directions very well so I kind of made u my own not very good method of doing it, but it still looks cute on the door. 

After demonstrating it to my SO, he informed me that I should make one for the master bedroom bathroom so I doesn't sound like a herd of elephants is traipsing into the bathroom at regular intervals every night.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feature. I love using this and it was the best thing I think I've ever made. Still using it to this day and the baby is now fixing to turn two in April. Glad you liked it also.

    ReplyDelete