Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 2: Pick Your Crib

Now that you've settled on your paint colors, it is time to select the most important piece of furniture--the crib.

I lucked into not having to buy one, but this means that it isn't exactly the latest and greatest in crib fashion. In fact the crib bars kind of remind me of the dark wood you see in "authentic" Mexican restaurants. (The one caveat to "inheriting" a crib--tons of cribs have been recalled and safety standards have changed (surprise, surprise), so make sure your crib is okay to use.)

I decided a coat of paint was needed to brighten it up. Yellow paint.This decision was assisted by one of my inspiration pictures featuring a bright yellow crib.


I also liked the aging process done on this crib and wanted to incorporate it: 


No comments:

Post a Comment