Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 5: Crib bedding

There is a lot of stuff you can put in your baby's crib, and I was a little overwhelmed by trying to make everything match in the crib until I started reading that crib bumpers are no longer recommended because of safety concerns.  Perfect! One less thing to shop for . . .

If you have money to spend and like custom-looking bedding, I highly recommend http://www.babybedding.com/. They have a preview option that lets you select coordinated fabrics to put together to make the perfect matching set. 

I just used the site to play around with options and get acquainted with what goes on a crib in the first place. Then I just googled crib sheets in my preferred colors. Since I have decided on a Noah's Ark theme, I couldn't resist these crib sheets from Target. They have a little bit of aqua but are mostly baby boy blue. I waited until they arrived to help me pick my aqua wall paint to ensure a better color match.

If you can't find what you want, you can always DIY your crib sheet in whatever fabric you like:  http://prudentbaby.com/2009/09/baby-kid/diy-cute-crib-sheet/


No comments:

Post a Comment