Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 3: Decide if you want a rug

Most nurseries have carpet, at least the ones in suburbia. But I think carpet is boring and don't know where I'll be living when the baby is born, so I decided to go with an accent rug.

One of my goals is to be as frugal as possible so I nabbed my rug with a 60% coupon. (My favorite site for coupons is www.retailmenot.com, but I am just getting into using www.ebates.com as well.)

My inspiration rugs:

1) Obviously too girly for a gender neutral room but the colors are similar to what I am going for:

2) I love blue, so I was tempted to go with something blue but I felt that it would be hard to match the aqua of the paint and that a pop of yellow in the rug would better compliment the yellow crib


3) I have always loved floral patterns, but I try to stay away from them when possible for the fact that most men don't love them.  


4) The winner: The pattern wasn't my favorite, but the reviews were positive, it was gender neutral, the price was right, and it added the yellow cheeriness I want. 



I am waiting for the rug to arrive to decide on the shade of yellow I will be using to paint the crib since colors on the internet don't always match reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment